The Killer Wireless-AC 1550 hardware is a rather innocuous M. 2 2230 card, which works with both PCI Express as well as USB M. 2 ports. It’s based around Intel’s Wireless-AC 9260 chipset, which is what provides the 160MHz 802.11 air conditioner channel width, 2 × 2 antennas, MU-MIMO support and also Bluetooth 5.0. So the Killer Wireless-AC 1550’s 2 × 2 antennas as well as 160MHz network, consequently, give a theoretical maximum of 1,733 Mbits/sec, which is about the most you will see from common consumer-grade hardware right now. To understand this, you additionally need the router or accessibility aim the Wi-fi adapter attaches to use 160MHz networks and a minimum of 2 × 2 antennas, although it could have even more of the last.
So the Killer Wireless-AC 1550’s 2 × 2 antennas and 160MHz network, therefore, offer an academic optimum of 1,733 Mbits/sec, which is about the most you will certainly see from standard consumer-grade hardware now. To understand this, you additionally require the router or accessibility direct the Wi-fi adapter attaches to provide 160MHz channels and also at least 2 × 2 antennas, although it can have more of the last. When you first attach to Wi-fi (or Ethernet) making use of the Killer adapter, the Introduction web page of the Awesome Nerve centre will appear.
The WiFi analyser isn’t special, yet the Awesome implementation is very perfectly made. You can see all the channels in use in your area, with the width of the forms demonstrating how lots of channels each signal makes use of, and also the elevation showing the signal stamina. If the Awesome Control Center identifies a router with the Killer Prioritization Engine built-in like the Linksys WRT 32x we were making use of, the Router tab will certainly appear. This allows you to log into the router and configure whether the Awesome Prioritization Engine is enabled, as well as setting the limits on download and upload rates.
Killer Wireless-AC 1550 Features
- The Killer Wireless-AC 1550 delivers up to 1.73 Gbps of throughput and is the ideal networking solution for gaming, streaming, and downloading.
- Built For Gaming: Killer 1550 keeps your game fast and smooth with its Advanced Stream Detect 2.0 Technology that automatically detects, classifies, and prioritizes gaming traffic
- Killer Control Center – Killer’s state of the art interface gives you the visibility and control needed to perfectly manage your PC’s network traffic. Killer Prioritization Engine – Killer
- Prioritization Engine detects applications and websites and prioritizes their traffic accordingly for the best speed and optimal performance.DoubleShot Pro – Killer’s DoubleShot Pro
- Technology which allows you to use WiFi and Ethernet at the same time – even on different networks. Killer gives you the power to choose which apps go over Ethernet and which go over Wireless.