- Posted by:
- Posted on:
Windows® 10 64 Bit, Windows® 10 32 Bit, Windows® 8.1 32 Bit, Windows® 8.1 64 Bit, Windows® 8 32 Bit, Windows® 8 64 Bit, Windows® 7 64 Bit, Windows® 7 32 Bit
The Roccat Horde Aimo seems premium at first, but in the end, it’s expensive and also dull panache detract from an or else solid typing experience. The tactile keys are an unpleasant mechanical/membrane crossbreed that does not really feel any far better than a workplace keyboard. The RGB backlighting looks boring as well as lifeless. The additional buttons are much more complex than they require to be. The Aimo is not really quite a key-board. The all-black peripheral can’t quite determine whether it wants to be streamlined and angular, soft and inconspicuous, causing a lot of rounded edges, asymmetrical embellishments, and a general sense of inequality.
The distinctive function below is the previously mentioned Surface area Dial look-alike, which Roccat calls the “Tuning Wheel.” Situated in the upper-right edge, it’s a substantial presence that can’t be missed out on. The Crowd AIMO can be increased by half an inch using a pair of plastic feet situated below its shoulders. Like the Ornata Chroma and G213 Natural born player, it lacks assistance for USB pass-through, a feature normally discovered on pure-blooded mechanical keyboards. The secrets are backlit. However, it’s so refined that in a well-lit area, you’ll need to crank up the brightness to observe.
The Roccat Crowd Aimo gains back some ground in the performance division. It’s “mechanical” crucial switches may appear foolish to some; however, they really feel great. Each crucial press has a satisfying pop, so it’s straightforward to really feel when a key actuates. There was never an instance where we pushed down a key to discover we didn’t quite press far enough. The keycaps are likewise well set, with minimal shake to them. Mechanical or otherwise, the tricks really feel great.
See Also: Roccat Vulcan 80
Roccat Horde AIMO Features
- Membranical keys – with a precise midway travel actuation point
- Aimo lighting system – intelligent illumination harmonized across devices
- RGB illumination – configurable Multicolor lighting with multiple zones
- Precision key layout – Fingertip design improves key distinction and island layout resists dirt
- Quick-fire macros – low-profile keys that prevent accidental miss-hits
- Configurable tuning wheel & keys – on-the-fly control for multimedia, illumination & more
- Detachable Palm rest – ergonomic design Comfortable for Long gaming sessions